Reference Number: 9300210NDS
My client is currently seeking an experienced Mining Supervisor with good blasting experience to lead their team in the Middle East. The position is for an Overburden & Oil shale extraction operation. You would be responsible for leading from the front, despatch implementation, continued growth support and development monitoring of the mine, maximising operational efficiencies, safety, profitability and to cultivate exceptional stakeholder and employee satisfaction.
- Execute short and long-term strategies that support the growth of operations / the function
- Formulate the annual operating and capital budgets for operations / the function
- Develop systems and measures that appropriately assesses performance of operations / function and monitors and manages overall performance of the function and direct reports
- Manages the human, financial, and operational resources of operations / function to maintain costs
- Coordinate operations / functions through national supervisors / General Foremen to maintain and improve efficiency, performance, health, safety and environmental standards established by the company & client.
- Monitor & evaluate records for the operation / function, including site equipment optimisation, performance improvement strategies, safety meetings, staff attendance, vacations, performance evaluations
- Review all reports related to accidents, injuries, equipment damage, and lost opportunities; makes recommendations on prevention strategies liaising with the safety department.
- Implement and evaluate processes, policies, systems, and practices related to equipment and operational tooling, as well as establish process controls, aiming to ensure better operational standards and higher productivity.
- Act as part of the change management and project sponsor for key initiatives
- Lead and manage the operations team (With the superintendent)
- Build the capabilities of the team to enhance the operation’s / function’s ability to achieve financial and operating strategies; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talent and actively develop key talent
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- University degree or Technical Diploma in a related field or equivalent experience
- Professional certification in related area
- 10 – 15 years of mining operations experience
- Previous experience working as an expat in the Middle East or Africa is essential
- Solid understanding of open pit mining practices and equipment capabilities
- Drilling and Blasting experience
- Solid working knowledge of mining procedures
- Valid passport and medically fit
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 5 year expatriate contract
- USD tax free salary
- Roster 9 weeks on 3 weeks off